In a global effort to champion sustainability in the realm of chemistry and textiles, the International Sustainable Chemistry Collaborative Centre (ISC3) has announced its Innovation Challenge 2024. This challenge aims to not only accelerate the quest for groundbreaking solutions but also to recognize and promote innovators who are reshaping the landscape of Sustainable Chemistry and Textiles.
The ISC3 Innovation Challenge 2024 is a call to action for entrepreneurs and visionaries worldwide. The focus of this year's challenge revolves around Sustainable Chemistry and Textiles, two interconnected domains that play a pivotal role in shaping the future of eco-friendly practices.
The Challenge will provide its finalists with the customized support within the ISC3 Global Start-up Service as well as global visibility, networking possibilities, and pitch training. The main winner will receive a 15,000€ monetary prize and two further categories, namely “Best Social Impact” and “Best Regional Impact” OR “Special Impact”, will be awarded monetary prizes of 5,000€ each.
Topics addressed by innovation proposals may include:
Environmentally benign production:
- Substitution of harmful chemicals in textile and leather manufacturing*
- Alternative processes; e.g. use of enzymes for leather tanning
Alternative materials and feedstock:
- Use of alternative fibre feedstock, e.g. pre- and post-consumer fibre waste and agricultural waste and recycled textile waste in textile production
- Alternative materials, e.g. natural alternatives to synthetic fabrics or vegan leather alternatives
Waste minimization and recycling:
- Material-efficient manufacturing of fabrics and garments to minimize production waste
- Mechanical recycling of textile fibres and fabrics
Alternative business models
- Social entrepreneurship changing the textile supply chain and contributing to local/regional employment
- Chemical Leasing concepts for textile chemicals, dyes etc.
Who Can Apply?
The challenge is open to ideators and entrepreneurs working within research institutes, startups, small-medium sized enterprises, or comparable institutions actively involved in developing and realizing Sustainable Chemistry innovations.
How to Apply
The application deadline for the first stage is March 1st, 2024, and for the second stage, it is April 30th, 2024. Applications must be submitted in English through the ISC3 Innovation Challenge Application Portal.
For additional information or queries, please contact email@example.com