On 3 May 2017 SusChem UK, the Innovate UK Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN), the Horizon 2020 UK National Contact Points (NCPs), and Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) are holding a Consortia Building Event: European Funding for Bio Based Industries in London. This one-day event will give details about the 2017 call for proposals from the European Bio-based Industries Joint Undertaking (BBI JU) and will provide the opportunity to start building consortia and finding new project partners.
The London event is suitable for anyone with an interest in participating in European projects in the forthcoming 2017 call topics under the Bio-based Industries Joint Undertaking. The workshop will present a range of experience in European projects from newcomers to people who have coordinated EU projects on a regular basis.
Representatives from industry (small and large), academia, RTOs and other types of organisations with appropriate skills and expertise to address the forthcoming 2017 call topics in BBI should attend and delegates from all European Member States are encouraged to be there – in fact one-third of the spaces available are reserved for non-UK participants.
By attending the workshop delegates will have the opportunity to:
- Identify and link with new partners across Europe
- Join consortia forming around forthcoming 2017 call topics
- Discuss and refine your projects ideas with potential partners
- Gather information on forthcoming 2017 call topics
- Take advantage of the NCP, BBI JU, KTN and EEN support available on the day
BBI calls for 2017 and 2018
The strategic orientations for the BBI JU’s calls in 2017 and 2018 are:
- Fostering a sustainable biomass-feedstock supply to feed both existing and new value chains;
- Optimising efficient processing for integrated biorefineries;
- Developing innovative bio-based products for specific market applications;
- Creating and accelerating the market uptake of bio-based products and applications.
The calls that will be reviewed at the workshop are:
- Feedstock: BBI 2017.R1, BBI 2017.D1, BBI 2017.D2
- Process: BBI 2017.R2, BBI 2017.R3, BBI 2017.F1
- Products: BBI 2017.R4, BBI 2017.R5, BBI 2017.R6, BBI 2017.R7, BBI 2017.D3, BBI 2017.D4, BBI 2017.D5, BBI 2017.F2
- Market Uptake: BBI 2017. S1, BBI 2017.S2
You can find more details on these topics and a full list of BBI JU call topics here. The BBI JU 2017 call programme was also described in SusChem News in January.
The event will take place at the Ambassadors Bloomsbury Hotel in central London. More information is available here. Registration is free, but all participants must register by 13 April. Please contact Susanne Coles with any further queries.