The SusChem Greece Secretariat is run by the IPSEN unit of the National Technical University of Athens.
SusChem Greece was established by nine members representing the main stakeholders from academia and industry in the chemical sciences sector.
- National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), representing academia and acting as host
- Hellenic Association of Chemical Industry (HACI), representing the wider chemical industry, including pharmaceuticals and bioprocesses
- The Hellenic Federation of Environmental Protection Companies (PASEPPE), representing the environmental sector
- The Centre for Renewable Energy Sources (CRES), representing the biomass and bioenergy world
- The Association of Greek Chemists (AGC), representing professionals in chemistry
- The Hellenic Association of Chemical Engineers (HACE), representing professionals in chemical engineering
- The Panhellenic Association of Bioscientists (PEV), representing the combined world of biologists, biochemists and related scientists
- The Institute of Consumers (INKA), representing consumers’ rights at large
- The Hellenic Coatings Association, representing Coating Manufacturers
National level objectives
SusChem Greece aims to:
- Bring together national stakeholders and strong industrial participation to be a representative sample of the country
- Develop a national strategy for Sustainable Chemistry and bring this forward at European level to contribute to the development of the European SusChem strategy
- Be the link to National Contact Points and/or Programme Committee Representatives on behalf of SusChem for those topics relevant for the Platforms
- Define national Research and Innovation priorities alongside the relevant priorities selected by SusChem ETP. Upon the selection of a common ground within the priorities, some other topics may be included by SusChem Greece based on national / stakeholders’ interests
- Provide information and advice to its members, particularly on funding; encourage cooperative projects and consortia through brokerage events and dissemination activities
- Actively support and encourage SMEs to participate in EU projects
- Be responsible for exchanging information within the SusChem network, other Member States and the EU Commission and any other organisation that may be of interest to the SusChem activities.