SusChem has been involved in the Batteries Europe working groups (WGs) contributing for the development of an integrated research and innovation roadmap. Within the framework of the cooperation with the Batteries Europe Technology & Innovation Platform, the short-term research and innovation priorities for the European battery sector has been published covering as main areas:
- SUSTAINABLE SOURCING AND SECURING THE SUPPLY OF RAW MATERIALS
- ADVANCED MATERIALS FOR BOOSTING ENERGY STORAGE PERFORMANCE
- BATTERY MANUFACTURING
- ENABLING MOBILITY, DEPLOYMENT OF STATIONARY ENERGY STORAGE AND INTEGRATION OF E-MOBILITY
- RECYCLING BATTERY MATERIALS
- FOSTERING NEW AND EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES
It is a comprehensive document as result of input from battery experts from organisations along the whole value chain all over Europe. These R&I priorities will feed into the nascent Batteries Partnership under the Horizon Europe programme.