11/07/2012 › 15/07/2012
The Convention Centre Dublin
Euroscience Open Forum (ESOF) 2012
From 11 to 15 July 2012, the 5th edition of ESOF, Europe’s largest, general science meeting, will take place in Dublin.
ESOF is an interdisciplinary, pan-European meeting, held under the auspices of Euroscience, which aims to:
- Showcase the latest advances in science and technology;
- Promote a dialogue on the role of science and technology in society and public policy;
- Stimulate and provoke public interest, excitement and debate about science and technology.
ESOF incorporates a number of distinct stands of activity:
- A Science programme of seminars, workshops and debates on the latest science and technology;
- Media programme to promote science communication;
- A Careers programme for young researchers;
- A Science-2-Business programme to link basic research with industrial applications;
- An Exhibition to showcase the best of European public and private research
- A Science in the City programme to engage with the general public;
- A Social programme to ensure that delegate experience is socially, culturally and intellectually invigorating.
The event is unique in the diversity of delegates who attend: it attracts top researchers from the natural sciences and the social sciences; business leaders; senior EU and government officials; and international scientific media. They come to discuss the best of European science and to address all of the current major global scientific challenges, including Energy, Climate Change, Food and Health.
More information about the ESOF programme can be found here and details of registration here.