2016 SusChem Stakeholder Event
16/06/2016 (08:30 › 17:00)
The Bloom Hotel, Brussels, Belgium
Rue Royale 250, 1210 Brussels, Belgium
The 2016 SusChem Stakeholder event was a success!
It demonstrated SusChem's role in building a sustainable future for the
European Chemical Industry. The presence and engagement of its members and
panelists greatly contributed to the high quality of discussions and put
SusChem centre stage as a strong platform supporting the industrial sector. The SusChem website is now updated with a post-event report, presentations, photos and twitter impressions.
Post-event report on Sustainable Chemistry - Innovation for Competitiveness
- Opening Welcome
- Flavio Benedito, SusChem Secretary and Innovation Manager, Research and Innovation at Cefic
- Strategic topics related to SusChem funding/program - Rudolf Strohmeier, Former Deputy Director General at DG Research and Innovation
- Factsheets on the five SusChem Innovation Priorities
If you want to have a taste of how it is to participate at a SusChem Stakeholder event
, do not hesitate to check the Photo Gallery
The SusChem Stakeholder Event - "Sustainable Chemistry Innovation for Competitiveness'' is the biggest annual event held by the European Technology Platform for Sustainable Chemistry (SusChem) which brings together the chemical industry, academia, Research Technology Organisations and EU policy representatives to address common challenges and debate priorities in the European chemical and biotechnology innovation sectors.
Check the final agenda of the event HERE!
This event includes a number of exciting activities and present important new developments for the SusChem community, including:
- two lively high-level panel debates to discuss the recently published European Commission Innovation Strategy packages on:
- Circular Economy
- Energy Union and Digitization.
These two panels brings together strategy experts from the EC and captains of industry to discuss the hot topics surrounding these EC packages, such as:
- identifying new challenges and opportunities for sustainable chemistry;
- identifying areas of consensus that align with the priorities of the EC and the European chemical industry;
- defining new ways forward to ensure that the five SusChem innovation priorities identified are systematically considered in these new high-level policy initiatives.
- the latest news and activities from our SusChem National Technology Platform (NTPs).
The SusChem Stakeholder Event is a high-level initiative that aims to:
- improve dialogue between our stakeholders;
- identify innovation drivers for the future;
- present the European chemical industry as a solution provider to address societal challenges;
- promote a shared view between the EC and chemical industry, in order to increase synergies and develop solutions on five innovation priority areas:
- Sustainable bio-economy
- ICT for processes
- Materials for energy